Re: Online Office Solution

by "Michael Schultz" <mike(at)virtualtech.com>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:15:00 -0600
 To:  "Carol Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>,
"Hwg-Business@Hwg. Org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, I can suggest a solution.  We use the Miva Merchant e-commerce package
for most of our e-commerce clients.  It has several of the features you are
asking about "built-in".  Out of the box, it can do much of what you are
looking for.  It is designed in a "modular" format which allows the use of
third-party "add-ons".  Additional modules are available for inventory
tracking, invoicing, packing slips, etc.  I also believe that the Stone Edge
Order Manager, added on to the Miva Merchant package, would provide all of
the features you are looking for.  I have never used it but I have heard
raves about its functionality.  The Order Manager is also available for
other shopping carts besides Miva Merchant, if I am not mistaken.

Miva Merchant:  http://www.miva.com
Stone Edge:  http://www.stoneedge.com/
Additional Modules for Miva Merchant:  http://www.mvcentral.com

This is not inexpensive... probably looking at near $2000 for the above
scenario, but for what your client is looking for, he should not expect it
to come cheap.  Like I tell my clients, the ones that say "Can't you make my
online store work like Amazon.com?"... Amazon.com spends over $1.5 million
dollars a year maintaining their online presence.  You get what you pay for.
Makes this solution look pretty inexpensive in comparison.

And no, I am not an emplotee of any of the above companies <grin>.  Just
trying to help.

Thanks!

Michael Schultz
Vice President of Operations
Virtualtech Web Site Design and Promotion, Inc.
http://www.virtualtech.com
"We Put The Pieces Together"