Re: Insurance Quote Database

by "Karin Ransdell" <karin(at)ransdell.com>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:50:07 -0500
 To:  "Michael Schultz" <mike(at)virtualtech.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael,
I seriously hope that you can find a source database so that you don't have
to build it yourself.  It's not the database (that's actually the easy
part), but all that daaaaata entryyyyyyyy <blech>.  As far as pulling the
data back out, however...

Wiers <wiers(at)willard-oh.com> writes:

> PHP is a server-side scripting language, the code of which inserts easily
into
> an HTML page.  MySQL as a backend RDBMS is very straight forward.  Great
> support is available if you join the discussion lists.  Online manuals and
> archives of past discussions are already there for the use.  I also bought
two
> excellent books to give myself a jump start.
>
> The downside may be the learning curve.  But if I, a non-programmer, can
figure
> it out, your programmer shouldn't have any problems (PHP is based on C).

For the same strategy and results, but an **astronomically** more lenient
learning curve,
http://www.escapade.org

Karin