Re: Website

by "Jonathon Stevens" <jon(at)3spadefx.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:31:19 -0400
 To:  "business list" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    Kehvan,

        I'm wondering if you asked Susan for permission to email this letter
to loanlenders?  One very important thing comes to mind in a case like this:
how do you know Susan didn't rip the other site off and is looking for ways
to justify it.  No offense intended Susan, but you could have, just as
easily, taken their design and improved on it in the last few months.  Their
design could also have been on a different domain than loanlenders.com,
therefore making the 'registration date' unimportant.

        I'm more looking at it from the perspective that you shouldn't act
on someone's behalf without their permission to do so.  Let Susan handle it,
that's why she asked for the list's advice, not the list's action.

    Thanks,

    Jonathon Stevens
3spadeFX Productions

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a client that I designed a web site for earlier in the year.
> Today,
> > I found out that one of their competitors copied the site.  Literally,
> they
> > are using my graphics, HTML, stylesheets, ticker etc.  When I view
source,
> > they didn't even bother to change the name of the files.
> >
> > My client did not put a copyright on their web pages, but in this
> > circumstance, I don't think it matters.  I think this is best
illustrated
> by
> > looking at the two sites.
> >
> > The site I designed: http://www.bestratefunding.com
> >
> > The site that copied: http://www.loanleaders.com
> >
> > These people have blatently stolen my graphics, forms, etc.  What can I
> do?
> > I am really upset about this.  Thank you in advance!
> >
> > Susan Walsh
>

> ============
>
> To whom it may concern at "LoanLeaders of America":
>
> Did you read the above email? I hope so, because you know what? She's
> right... You changed a touch here and there, but this is HER work.
Wouldn't
> it be a BAD THING for you guys if word was spread about how lazy you guys
> are? Wouldn't it be a BAD THING for potential customers to learn how cheap
> you are, and how poor your ethics are? Do the right thing: Dump your
current
> site and build one that's NOT stolen from someone else. Yeah, STOLEN.
That's