Re: Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes!

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:51:35 +0100
 To:  "Joe Farris" <joe(at)mywalk.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-business(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Joe -

Thanks for the swift reply.

> Might have a look at
> www.ccnow.com
> and
> www.ibill.com
>
> CC Now offers the credit card transaction services for your client.
> They act as a retail merchant based in Delaware, so no sales tax
> issues for your client.  CC Now handles only merchandise, no
services,
> or downloaded software, etc.

I'll look it over; thanks.

> I-Bill handles products, services and subscription based
transactions.
> Ibill is a bit more complicated to setup, but is more transparent on
the
> website.

I'm passingly familiar with I-Bill, thanks. Since subscriptions won't
be an issue, I had discounted it; I wasn't aware, though, that they'd
widened their market applications. I'll look them over; thanks.

> For examples of each
>
> www.flashink.net  using CCNow
> www.singleandsaved.com using I-Bill

Thanks.

> If your client already has a merchant account, you might
> consider Merchant Order Form, which is a very inexpensive
> shopping cart (in the order of $15.00) which will handle the
ordering
> and credit card info.  Still need the SSL or you can use PGP with
> email to handle the encryption.

He hasn't, as yet; It's one of the options that he's considering (on
my suggestion, should a low-cost option not be practicable).

> An example of Merchant Order form is
>
> www.gatlinmusic.com
>
> If you're interested in that one, I'll look up
> the web address for you.  The creator of
> the script is in the Austin, TX area.

Thanks; I'll get back to you, if this option is one he goes for.

Again, thanks for the swift reply!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.