Re: Need help with quote

by "PG Music Webmaster" <webmaster(at)pgmusic.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:16:28 -0700
 To:  "HWG Business" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lisa,

Although Judith will probably email you, please read the FAQ, no $$ are to
be discussed on the list...

"Discussion of pricing is NOT allowed on any HWG Mailing Lists."

Taking a neutral tone however, customers often don't understand pricing for
web document development.  Itemize it, break it down, show the client an
hourly rate, etc.  Provide estimates for time spent.  Either the client will
buy what you're selling, or they won't.  You can also ask the client what
price they feel is adequate, and describe the services they'll get for that
price.  Tell the client to shop around if they're not convinced, and even
provide competitors contacts if you are agressively competitive.  Doing a
money losing job rarely makes any sense.

Cheers and good luck,

David Godfrey
Net Decorator