Re: Larger clients?

by "John Murray" <jmnc(at)lis.net.au>

 Date:  Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:26:43 +1000
 To:  <hwg-business(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Quote in phases. Bill at the end of phases. Have a quick initial phase. Be
clear about what cancellation of the project means in terms of respective
liabilities.

Your client is your friend! You have a sense of uncomfortableness about
seeing them as a defaulter. This is good!

Communicate to the client why you need the cancellation policy. Discuss the
fairness of that situation. If they dodge these kind of discussions, give
them an alternative that requires a 50% deposit up front and is 30% more
than your previous quote.

John