Re: Compensation based on Percentage of total Internet sales.

by "Malcolm Smart" <malcolm(at)smart-web.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:42:29 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
My advice: don't do it. If the customer is that broke that they can't afford
to pay you up front, then they are not going to be able to generate the hits
on the site either. Or they are a cheap scam-artist that has no intention of
paying you.

How are you going to know that they pay you the right amount? How can you
stop the client from fudging the figures? What about sales that are
generated through your web efforts, but are phoned in rather than ordered
on-line?

I remember seeing a lengthy dialog about this issue on a listserve about a
year ago, and those who had tried it all got ripped off. Unfortunately, I
can't remember exactly where I saw it.

Malcolm Smart
Smart Online Services
malcolm(at)smart-web.com