Re: PANIP - did anyone hear of this?

by "Michael Schultz" <mike(at)virtualtech.com>

 Date:  Fri, 1 Nov 2002 20:35:00 -0600
 To:  "hwg-business" <hwg-business(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think that this list is the forum to discuss this subject on, since it
deals directly with online business.

I belong to a couple other discussion groups, and one of them is the Miva
Merchant users group.  For those of you who are not familiar with it, Miva
Merchant is one of the most popular e-commerce programs commercially
available, and we have designed sites for about a dozen clients using Miva
Merchant.  The subject of PanIP and their lawsuits has been discussed at
length on that forum, and if anyone here is interested in what has been said
there, here is a link to the archive:

(make sure you get the entire URL, it may be broken in this e-mail)
http://www.mvdevelopment.com/mvlists/index.mv?sort=rec&srchlist=&search=PanI
P&srchwords=all&srchfields=all&pagesize=10

As many of you are people who make a living either directly or indirectly
through online sales, you should look into this so that you are aware of
what is going on.  I would like to hear what the resident legal beagles on
the list have to say about it.

Thanks!

Michael Schultz
Vice President of Operations
Virtualtech Web Site Design and Promotion, Inc.
http://www.virtualtech.com
"We Put The Pieces Together"