Re: Setting Up Shop as a Consultant

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:45:14 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Benn...try not to be too very structured about it in the beginning, or you
may try to shove them into a mold they don't fit, and lose them.

I usually divide it into two units:

1) Regular or constant nneds they may have (i.e.: Monthly meeting, regular
site reviews, weekly class, etc)

2) Unusual or irregular events (design a page, consult on a new idea ot
plan, etc...)

I give a regual "retainer" price for item #1, and an hourly or unit price
for #2.