Re: Tiny corporate image in "Favorites" folder

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:41:58 +0300
 To:  "Oliver Weiss Design" <oweiss.design(at)bigfoot.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Oliver,

Sorry, didn't have time to check the link you gave. Still, I think I understand
what you mean.

--The "phenomen": It's called "favicon"[I think that it comes from Favourites
Icon (fav+icon)]. The URL of this "phenomen" is www.favicon.com.

--The trick: You design an icon and place it in a folder of your web server
(where there are the documents you want to have the icon) (the URL would be
www.yourname.com/favicon.ico for www.yourname.com/yourfile.htm,
www.yourname.com/yourdir/favicon.ico for www.yourname.com/yourdir/yourfile.htm
and so on)

--The problem: It doesn't work on all browsers, if I'm not mistaken it's IE
only(still, it makes your site stand out in the long list of favourites).

Hope this helps!

Yours,
Lauri