Re: Copying web sites

by " l i s a" <Lisa(at)InternetSky.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:28:59 -0700
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>

From: Susan Walsh <susan(at)equilibriumdesign.com>
Subject: Copying web sites
:
: These people have blatently stolen my graphics, forms, etc.  What can I do?
: I am really upset about this.  Thank you in advance!
----------------------
Susan,

That is awful - you have every right to be upset.
Although the sites are almost identical, the few changes reveal
poor work. The Loan Leaders logo is awful and the photo of
the telephone gal is all stretched or something. Yours is much nicer
although I'm sure that is no consolation.

How about legal action? What does you're client think.
After all they paid for their competition's Website!
That must make them cranky too. Don't they want to do
something about it.

Loan Lenders even put a 1999 copyright date on the page.
To make it appear to come before your design. - really.

The registration info for LoanLenders.com reveals that
the domain was reserved on 2-23-01
by someone in Pakistan of all places . . .
very curious.  Wonder how Orange County homeowners would feel about that?
http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=loanlenders.com

I also found a glitch in their navigation . . . go to either the "tools" page or the "about us"
page
and then select "home" at the top left  . . . you don't get to the index.html page
you get to index2.htm and it even haz you brown vertical bar behind the buttons.
More proof for you.

Wow -- amazing. I hope you get some resolve from this issue. I'll be curious to know
what comes of it.

Good luck.

lisa