Re: The state of the web developing biz.

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 May 2002 08:34:55 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Exactly.

I have to wonder, though....with all that money that was flying about, is
there anyone out there today survived the crash unscathed AND rich?

Probably...I guess every gold rush leaves a few of the early birds rich.
Just hell on the town economy when the gold dries up...:).

From: "Marty Landman"

At 06:52 AM 5/30/02 -0400, Darrell King wrote:
>Helluva way to run a business, dontcha think?  I remember saying back in
>1998 that I was going to bootstrap my company, and that I wasn't going to
>invest in anything, whether money or time, that did not have a reasoned
plan
>to return a tangible profit.  People told me that "isn't the way it's done"
>and that I would never make it big that way.

I know what you mean Darrell. I remember when business was booming and my
prices kept going up, and clients started finding me instead of vice versa.
It was incredible. Yet a sick feeling kept me worrying -- all this money
being spent and where were my clients' profits?

>Guess they were right on both counts.  Apparently, the only thing common
>sense buys is longevity...:).

Eh, what else is there? :)