Re: Compensation based on Percentage of total Internet sales.

by "Malcolm Smart" <malcolm(at)smart-web.com>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:23:06 -0500
 To:  "HWG Business" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
With the greatest of respect to your choice, Brian, why on earth would you
want a deal that gives you "a percentage of sales from the site that will
not exceed the "actual" cost + a little (for the hassle) of the site"

If I accepted a deal like this, I would expect to be paid like a venture
capitalist. I would be looking for many times the value of my work if the
site was truly successful. And that's the problem here. As soon as the
client starts having to pay out some serious money, they are going to want
to wriggle out of the deal. Sure, good intentions exist at first. But money
is very compelling.

Malcolm Smart