Re: Selling an internet company

by "Malcolm Smart" <malcolm(at)smart-web.com>

 Date:  Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:16:27 -0500
 To:  "HTML Business List" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Chris Bickford wrote:

> the first thing to watch out for is that you never sell to a competetor.
> It looks good until you really think about it.

I would be interested in hearing your reasoning behind this statement,
Chris.

Many companies in all sectors, not just new media, grow by purchasing their
competitors. Obviously you don't want to open your books to your rival
without being protected, but so many companies are acquiring their
competition that there must be a way to do this. If anyone could explain how
this is done, I am sure many of us on the list will learn a lot.

Malcolm Smart
Smart Online Services
malcolm(at)smart-web.com