Re: [may be OT - On-line book site]

by Zach Kenyon <zantispam(at)netscape.net>

 Date:  29 Jan 00 12:59:15 CST
 To:  HWG business <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael Channing Wilson <mwilson(at)sigmapath.com> wrote:

> Some time ago I found a site that worked like a library. You could chec=
> out books on several subjects and read them on-line. All I remember is
> that the site had yellow all over it, lol, and a good section on
> development. I also remember getting emails from the site when new book=
> arrived or if I had not checked something out in a while. I never reall=
> used it much, but now I would like to. If anyone here has any clue of
> the site in question I would appreciate a response.

I believe you're thinking of the McMillian Personal Bookshelf. =

( http://www.mcp.com )  However, they've moved the personal bookshelf fea=
tures
to InformIT ( http://www.informit.com ).  Now MCP just has books for sale=
=2E

I've used both services (past and present) and have several thousand page=
printed out.  I've learned javascript, Java, perl, tcl/tk, python, and a
smattering of C++ from these guys.  I recommend them highly...

--Jedi Hacker(apprentice) and Code Poet