Re: Email and other promotions?

by Ted Resnick <tedres(at)dnai.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:27:07 -0800
 To:  jopop(at)parallaxstudios.com,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Try Netcreations PostmasterDirect at
http://www.postmasterdirect.com/

They are better than most in terms of verifying subscribers by using opt-in
methods. And they have list of people who are specifically interested in
receiving email about Christian-specific resources. I had a few sucessful
experiences with Postmasterdirect years ago, but I'm no longer doing email
marketing anymore.

See also http://List-Universe.com/ for all kinds of info about email and
resources as well.

If the client doesn't take your word for it that spamming is bad, try to
find some mainstream articles to back your arguments up - Here's a recent
case from CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/computing/01/05/spam.scam.idg/index.html
(Even if your client has a different offer than these 2, do they really
risk being associated with people like that?)

Saving the world from spam is a good deed!

Regards,

Ted