Re: Keeping track of time

by Jan Theodore Galkowski <jtgalkowski(at)alum.mit.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:11:29 -0400
 To:  David Andrew <davida51(at)swbell.net>
 Cc:  "hwg-business(at)hwg.org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:39 PM 04/23/2000 -0500, David Andrew wrote:
>Hi All-
>
>Can anyone recommend a program for keeping track of the time one spends
>developing/maintaining different web sites for different clients during
>the day?

David,

Well, I suppose everyone has their favorite.  I use "proj clock!" as
described at

     http://www.cyber-matrix.com/pclock.htm

>I find myself switching between different projects, depending on which
>fire is burning the brightest. I need a better way of keeping track of
>the time I spend on each project. The stubby pencil on a pad of yellow
>paper is getting much too cumbersome and I am looking for something a
>bit more streamlined.
>
>Any advice?
>
>Thanks in advance.

In addition to being able to set things up pretty flexibly, this program
lets you export data to, eg, tab-delimited files or even as SQL.  This is
consistent with most folks' practice of getting this data into some kind
of database, eg, MS-Access, Pervasive.SQL 2000, or mySQL.

[snip]