Re: Spammers and web hosting

by "G. Adam Stanislav" <whizkid(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Wed, 05 Jan 2000 08:44:49 -0600
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 20:24 04-01-2000 -0600, Rachel Hartman wrote:
>Has anyone else had a similar problem when reporting spam?

Yep, with pair Networks, but only once (well, I never reported to them
again). They said I should have known from the headers the spam did not
originate at pair, and that they get enough spam already without me
spamming them about spam they did not originate.

They did put a smiley face after saying I spammed them, but I felt it was
quite unprofessional from them. Besides, even if they determine from the
header the spam did not originate from them, I would sort of think they
would want to know who is using/abusing their domain and would go after him.

Cheers,
Adam

           ===> Whiz Kid Technomagic <===
             http://www.whizkidtech.net/
    The resource center for webmasters and web users
       Winner of the Starting Point Hot Site award
            Winner of the Lighthouse Award
             Home of the Web Magic Award