Re: business referral contracts

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2000 05:08:13 -0800
 To:  "Adrienne H. Cregar" <acregar(at)nr.infi.net>,
"hwg-business-digest(at)mail.hwg.org" <hwg-business-digest(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:35 PM 1/17/00 -0500, Adrienne H. Cregar wrote:
>Hi all - out of lurk mode for a change...  I'm beginning to work with
another developer - me doing graphic work on his sites, him doing database
work on mine. I was wondering if anyone has a contract that would specify
that we will not steal each others' clients, delineate the working
relationship, etc...? Any help would be
>appreciated.

There are contracts sometimes referred to as "non-circumvent agreements"
that can be used but only with *great care* since they run the risk of
being against both statute and public policy as unduly restrictive of the
right to compete and earn an living.  And they should be used only as part
of the balance of the agreement that you have not discussed, which are
rights ownership, payments etc. etc.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law, Copyrights,
Trademarks, Internet Law, Web Site Audits, Recording and Music Law.  *A
Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com