Re: Non-compete Clauses

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:52:17 -0800
 To:  Janet Cady <webpage(at)evansville.net>,
"'hwg-business(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:40 PM 1/24/00 -0600, Janet Cady wrote:
>Anyone ever dealt with non-compete clauses in signing a contract with a
client?
>In some aspects I can understand the client requesting this, but on the other
>hand, I'm not really comfortable with the idea.

It is one provision among many in a web design agreement.  Like other
provisions, it depends upon how it is phrased. Some states severely
restrict these provisions.  On the other hand, non-disclosure of
confidential information, trade secrets etc. provisions are much more
prevalent but should be properly negotiated.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law, Copyrights,
Trademarks, Internet Law, Web Site Audits, Recording and Music Law.  *A
Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com