Re: Selling a URL

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:46:53 -0800
 To:  srushing(at)wfubmc.edu (Scott Rushing),
"hwg-business(at)hwg.org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:34 AM 1/26/00 -0500, Scott Rushing wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know of any resources that cover determining how much to
>sell a domain url for?  A friend has been approached by someone wanting
>to buy a domain he had registered.  He's not against doing it, but he
>doesn't know how much to charge for it.

I've represented numerous clients, both buyers and sellers, in domain name
transactions.  There are many factors to be considered but the market is
wide open except if there is the potential for a claim of "cybersquatting"
or trademark violations.  Read "Domain Names Disputes: An Update" on my
site.  Click on "Articles About Trademarks."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law, Copyrights,
Trademarks, Internet Law, Web Site Audits, Recording and Music Law.  *A
Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com