Re: Selling a URL

by "G. Adam Stanislav" <whizkid(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:28:18 -0600
 To:  "hwg-business(at)hwg.org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:34 26-01-2000 -0500, Scott Rushing wrote:
>Does anyone know of any resources that cover determining how much to
>sell a domain url for?  A friend has been approached by someone wanting
>to buy a domain he had registered.  He's not against doing it, but he
>doesn't know how much to charge for it.

I'd say your friend should try to determine how badly the buyer wants the
domain. He should ask the prospective buyer to make him an offer, then make
a counteroffer asking for a lot more. Then they should negotiate until they
come up with a price both sides would be happy with.

If the buyer wants the URL badly enough, well, it's not like he can go to
someone else and buy it from there. :)

Cheers,
Adam
---
Gracula v3.0 just released. Don't miss it.
Visit Count Gracula's Gallery:
http://www.whizkidtech.net/gcl/gallery/