Re: "signing off" on parts of project

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:45:31 -0800
 To:  WebProgrmr(at)aol.com,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:36 PM 3/2/00 EST, WebProgrmr(at)aol.com wrote:

>What's the actual process you take your clients through when signing off on
>parts of a project?  Do you make them initial some paperwork or do you just
>send them an email that documents what was verbally agreed upon?  If you use
>various methods, tell me when & why you use them.

This situation must be covered in the written agreement with the client.
The agreement should provided that unless the client notifies the designer
within some stated time frame of the client's disapproval, the client is
deemed to have approved of that work.  Since often designers get paid when
a part of the work is approved, this provision would then entitle the
designer to be paid.

If the design agreement is silent in this very important area, then it is
probably deficient in other areas as well.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law,
Copyrights, Trademarks, Business Plans, Web Site Audits, Recording and
Music Law.  *A Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com