Re: Selling an internet company

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Mar 2000 05:48:25 -0800
 To:  "Malcolm Smart" <malcolm(at)smart-web.com>,
"HTML Business List" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:16 PM 3/12/00 -0500, Malcolm Smart wrote:

>Many companies in all sectors, not just new media, grow by purchasing their
>competitors. Obviously you don't want to open your books to your rival
>without being protected, but so many companies are acquiring their
>competition that there must be a way to do this. If anyone could explain how
>this is done, I am sure many of us on the list will learn a lot.

Read an article on my site called "The Non-Disclosure Agreement."  Click on
"Articles About Being an Entrepreneur."  You will need to cover many
aspects of what you will be disclosing in a manner that protects against
use of such information by the potential buyer.  Don't be using any
preprinted forms to try and accomplish this since it has to be tailored to
the specifics of your business.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law,
Copyrights, Trademarks, Business Plans, Web Site Audits, Recording and
Music Law.  *A Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com