Re: partner problems

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Apr 2000 07:14:59 -0700
 To:  Bob Torres <btorres965(at)yahoo.com>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:08 AM 4/22/00 -0700, Bob Torres wrote:
>I need to find out: am I over-reacting to this?

If you actually have a partnership, then all assets of the business belong
to the partners in proportion to their ownership.  One partner cannot take
partnership assets for their own benefit and if they do, they must
compensate the other partner for the value.  However, in this instance all
this is complicated further because of the intellectual property issues
involved.

This all should be covered in the written partnership agreement.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law,
Copyrights, Trademarks, Business Plans, Web Site Audits, Recording and
Music Law.  *A Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com