Re: Ethics and copyright

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:27:45 -0700
 To:  Stefani Pritchard <stefani(at)totalsolutionsonline.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:09 PM 6/19/00 -0400, Stefani Pritchard wrote:

>How would you deal with this type of request? Do you typically write privacy
>policies and other legalese (conditions of use) statements for your client's
>sites?

Oh my!  Are designers now being asked to draft privacy policies?  Are
designers familiar with all the FTC requirements including the complexity
of the COPPA?  Any designer that steps into this potential mess is opening
himself or herself up to some substantial legal liability.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Writing and Publishing Law, Web
Design Contracts and Law, Business Plans, Web Site Audits, Recording and
Music Law.  *A Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com