Re: Accounting Software suite for free *really*

by "D J Tabish, Webmaster djtabish.bc.ca" <webmaster(at)djtabish.bc.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:30:37 -0700
 To:  "Capt. Ron" <strays(at)bellsouth.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ron and all,
As mentioned at the Clarisys site (see http://www.clarisys.ca/adware.html)
and during the installation process, the software is ad sponsored and the
ads can be turned off at any time. You'll see the option within the
software. For clarification on the type of information that is collected,
should you or anyone consider leaving the adware intact, please see
http://grc.com/optout.htm and http://www.radiate.com. I didn't think to
mention this in my post as I knew the ads can be turned off and figured
most folks would do just that.

Also, my apologies to the membership as I understand now that it's against
the list rules to post promotional things like this outside of normal
discussions as it can be construed as "advertising". I thought I should
clarify that I posted the note to this and the womendesigners list just so
that folks could take advantage of the exceptional promotion and really
didn't think beyond that. I mean, it's not every day that a company offer
something of this calibre for free.

All my best,
Donna Tabish