Re: Website Maintenance Agreements

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Fri, 07 Jul 2000 05:29:06 -0700
 To:  "Cynthia Hamilton" <subscribe(at)actionhost.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:17 PM 7/6/00 -0700, Cynthia Hamilton wrote:
 These folks have been very demanding with the web design,
>asking for a lot that wasn't in the contract, so I want to make sure I'm not
>working for free.

If your contract is not specific enough about what constitutes the web site
and the price for that specific set of work and then further covers prices
for additions, modifications etc., then you may in fact be working for
free.  The client designer relationship is often quite complex and the
agreement must cover all of the aspects of the working relationship.  This
post is clear evidence of what happens when the agreement is not sufficient.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Writing and Publishing Law, Web
Design Contracts and Law, Business Plans, Web Site Audits, Recording and
Music Law.  *A Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com