Re: using music (copyright issues)

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 2000 05:52:56 -0800
 To:  "Robert Clendaniel" <robert(at)baylogic.com>,
"Hwg-Business@Hwg. Org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:40 AM 11/17/00 -0500, Robert Clendaniel wrote:
>We have a client who wants to use a bit of a George Gershwin song
>in a Flash applet on his site.
>
>He think using only a short clip avoids copyright issues.  I
>believe he's wrong, and would like to find out what's involved in
>seeking permission to use such music on a commercial site.

He is absolutely wrong.  Couldn't be wronger. There are a number of
articles on my site he should read including "The Use of Music in a
Multimedia Web Site."  Click on "Articles For Web Site Designers and Site
Owners."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 5
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com