Re: where to go to get permission to use music?

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 04 Dec 2000 05:41:02 -0800
 To:  "Robert Clendaniel" <robert(at)baylogic.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:44 AM 12/4/00 -0500, Robert Clendaniel wrote:
>We have a client who wants to use a snippet of an old Gershwin
>piece as an audio clip on his site.

Read "The Use of Music on a Multimedia Web Site" on my site.  Click on
"Articles For Song Writers and Recording Artists."

Keep in mind that you will need several licenses including for the song and
the master.  And you may need reuse licenses from AFM and or AFTRA etc.
It's all in the article.
IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com