Re: Copyrighting a web application and idea

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:56:41 -0800
 To:  Marty Landman <marty(at)face2interface.com>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:11 PM 12/19/00 -0500, Marty Landman wrote:

>First of all, an idea cannot be copyrighted; therefore this last claim
>seems invalid, that is I don't see how a lawyer can protect someone dumb
>enough to give away their idea unless they were already way ahead of the
>market by having a ready implementation.

An idea itself cannot be copyrighted but the expression of an idea can be.
But an idea can be protected in terms of a one on one disclosure in the
form of a non-disclosure agreement.  So there is the issue of protecting an
idea viz the world and viz each individual person.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com