Re: domain name point to my site

by "G. Adam Stanislav" <whizkid(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:47:22 -0600
 To:  "Doug & Marilyn Inman" <inmans(at)mindspring.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:56 11-01-2001 -0500, Doug & Marilyn Inman wrote:
>I've just purchased my domain name and I don't know how to make that domain
>name point to my existing site.  Can someone help, please?

That depends on where you bought the domain from and where you are hosting
your site. Typically, if you bought it from Network Solutions you ask your
web hosting company to handle it.

Otherwise, you probably have to do it yourself. In that case, you need to
contact the web hosting company and ask them to place your domain on their
domain name servers (and assign you an IP address and configure it to your
home page). When they do, they will send you (by email or by web interface)
the numbers of two domain name servers (which will look something like
1.2.3.4 - just with different numbers).

Once you have those numbers, you need to register them with the registrar
you bought your domain from, and within 24 hours or so you're all set.

Sounds a bit complicated, but it really is not.

Cheers,
Adam
---
Whiz Kid Technomagic - brand name computers for less.
See http://www.whizkidtech.net/pcwarehouse/ for details.