Re: Canadian domain name lawsuit

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:09:35 -0800
 To:  "Dean" <dean(at)aaddesign.com>,
"hwg-business \(E-mail\)" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:09 AM 1/13/01 -0800, Dean wrote:
>I am partners in a site called racehorsetrader.com and have been contacted
>by Trader Publications with the threat of a lawsuit.

There are many articles on my site under the link "Articles About
Trademarks and Domain Names" including one I posted yesterday about a
domain name case I recently won.

All domain registrants, no matter where located, are first obligated to
comply with the UDRP although that remedy is not exclusive and trademark
owners can elect to file in court. You did not say where the trademark
owner was.

And if you are seriously considering representing yourself, well you should
truly reconsider such a move.  If one side has an attorney, anyone that is
not an attorney who tries to represent himself is simply not doing himself
a good service.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com