Re: Freelance Work and ReUsability

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:28:40 -0800
 To:  Steve Segarra <ssegarra(at)mitre.org>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:41 AM 2/5/01 -0500, Steve Segarra wrote:
>Hi,
>	I am looking to get into some freelance work to suplement my income and
>I was wondering where I may be able to find some resources related to
>this.  Basically, I want to protect myself so I was hoping to find
>resources related to writing a contract for one time work to be used on
>no more than one site.  Also, what are some common tricks that naughty
>business people may play on us freelancers to take advantage of us?
>Also, are there any other directions I should look into to protect
>myself and my contracter?

Read "The Independent Subcontractor Agreement" and "Work Made for Hire
Agreements" on my site.  Click on "Articles for Web Site Designers and Site
Owners."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com