Re: Question about children and memberships

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Fri, 18 May 2001 12:22:19 -0700
 To:  "InterDesign" <pperry(at)inter-design.net>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:39 PM 5/18/01 -0400, InterDesign wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My client wants to build a site for kids. He wants to offer memberships, and
>to have them interact via email with the characters of the site. I need to
>find out what I can and can't ask kids. If anyone has any suggestions or
>sites to point me for this info I'd be greatly appreciative.

There are a number of articles on my site dealing with the Children's
Online Privacy Protection Act that you *and* your client MUST read.  The
act is very encompassing and stringent and can lead to very expensive fines
if it is violated.

Click on "Articles About the Internet and Electronic Rights."

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com