Re: Image Theft

by "Arcady"<arcady(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:59:26 GMT
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Suggestion:  go to the "Mother" of all image libraries
>www.cartoonbank.com/index.asp
>and try to download one of the many great cartoons that are
>there.
>Not an "easy" task, in any sense of the word.
>Hope this helps ...
>Richard Kellerhouse
>(BTW ... would love to hear from anyone who "breaks the
>code".)

I got one on my first try. On my Mac. I clicked and held down the mouse button
on an image and dragged it off onto my desktop.
This page in particular:
http://www.cartoonbank.com/gallery/cartoon1.asp

This is why I like the Flash idea. You cannot do that there. It stops most of
the common methods.

Note that there's no solid way to stop screen captures unless the person is
browsing with IE (where you can use Active X to turn off parts of their operating
system, or even delete their cache and any files you find on their HD that match
your image's name... Unethical most likely, but Active X doesn't care about
ethics...).