RE: false identity..NOT

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 22 May 2000 00:32:05 +0930
 To:  "Daniel Wedeking" <daniel(at)electronicsurfer.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>

>My suggestion.  Use the photos and build the site.  Just don't say directly
>that you are those in the photo.  When you see an ad on TV for vitamin
>supplements they don't say you will be 25 and playing volleyball in the park
>with a gorgeous blonde if you take the pills, but by showing that in the
>background they imply it.  I would also suggest using either a DBA or
>incorporate and put all the copyright notices on the site to the
>corporation.  This will let those that care know that it is a business site.

Just a thought here...do we even know what this guy is selling ? ...I would
be very interested know having seen the picture in question.

...and again FWIW, a website is NOT  television commercial. What is
"implied" in a television commercial cannot be transferred to a website
perse`  IMHO.

Let's take this from yet another perspective. When was the last time you
actually read the terms and conditions of piece of software before you
installed it ? When was the last time you "read the manual" of anything
*before* it failed to work ? People do NOT read that stuff. Trust me...I
*know* they don't read it.

I spent six months working for an Internet billing company in Texas and
spent my whole day listening to people gripe about charges on their credit
card accounts because they hadn't read the terms and conditions before
entering a site and handing over all their personal information.

Sadly, the average surfer is very easily sucked in and I for one, will not
encourage *anyone* in the pursuit of misleading the gullible.

...and if my memory serves me correctly, the original subject of this post
from Tom was "false identity"...that ought to tell you something !!!

Kym

>Daniel Wedeking
>Electronic Surfer Website Maintenance Inc
>The Web Design People
>www.electronicsurfer.com

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html