Re: designing for IE and NS

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 10:55:34 +0930
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Bernie Mooney <bernie(at)cybernia.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Bernie Mooney wrote:
>>
>> I'm assuming we all design our sites to work in both Internet Explorer
>> and Netscape. Frankly, I'm getting a bit sick of having to do it,
>> On some sites you see  "best viewed using Internet Explorer 4.0 or
>> higher." What do you think of this approach? I've seen a survey that
>> What do you all think?

Hey Bernie...tell ya what...I'll take all those customers that want as many
as possible to be able to view their sites...*grin*

As I just finished ranting about pretty much the same thing on the
techniques list, I won't repeat myself except to say. Code for Netscape and
it will very probably work nicely in IE.

I think the "best viewed" thing is a bit of a crock too...it's a bit like a
department store telling customers they will need re-arrange the display
window before they can come into the store to see a product they might want
to buy.

Now, about those customers you don't want Bernie ...LOL

Kym

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html