Re: Questionable content

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 06:35:26 +0930
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I would think that if she's selling sex aides, she's going to want to put
up pictures of anything from anatomically correct, blowup dolls to
er..."gadgetry" to suit all tastes LOL. Did I put that delicately enough ? :)

I guess there is a way to do it "tastefully", but at 6.30am and on my first
cup of tea, nothing springs readily to mind LOL.

It would seem wise to have a warning in case some hapless, "innocent"
little 16 year old should stumble through the door (accidentally on
purpose) and witness something which causes him to "whoop" with joy and his
parents to reach for the atty's phone number and make life unpleasant for
all concerned.

I'm certainly no legal expert, but I would *think* that if content warnings
were posted and said 16 year old ignored them, your client might be seen in
a slightly more favorable light than if there was no warning at all.
What I *can* tell you is, that if the site was hosted in Australia the
government has the right to remove the site completely if *they* think it's
offensive.

There are a gazillion sites on the web that offer this sort of thing and
more/better/worse, depending on your viewpoint.  If there is not a personal
moral issue with creating the site, then I would go ahead and do it. If
you're uncomfortable about it don't do it.

Kym

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
*NEW*...Be sure to visit the "Samples Gallery"...*NEW*
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html