Re: Graphics - "In-House" or "Outhouse"

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:03:02 -0500
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
--

I have to agree with Kimberli here, we need to specialize more, as our
industry matures and gains professional recognition. One of these areas of

--
>"Garry W. Harrell" wrote:
> >
> > I would like to get some feedback on pros & cons of creating your own
> > graphics vs. outsourcing to a graphics designer.
> >- snipped -<
> > For those who outsource:
> > Do you have any recommendations?
> > What price range should one expect?
> > Did outsourcing solve problems or create more?

I highly recommend going with someone local, with a training or
professional designation, and an open mind. Of course it helps if they have
ability and talent in creating eye-catching as well as professional work.
The more experienced they are, the faster they will be. Be prepared to
spend some time with them introducing them to the way you work, build a
relationship, and it will pay off in the long run. I can't discuss pricing,
except to say that you should be able to make a few percentage points on
what they charge you and what you budget for design.

Outsourcing for us has solved more problems than I even knew existed :).

Cheers

Kevin Jackson

--
Biz-Zone Internet Group