Re: Picking & choosing clients

by Rachel Hartman <rhartman(at)io.com>

 Date:  Thu, 06 Jan 2000 07:01:17 -0600
 To:  "Alan Herrell" <lemurs(at)extremezone.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:51 PM 1/5/00 -0700, Alan Herrell wrote:
>My first criteria is does the business(client) belong to association(s) in
>their industry.
>
>Businesses that joins groups to promote their industry and are Active will
>usually be much better clients.

Oh, I agree.  I've had very good luck with clients who were active members
of their local (or state, or both) professional organizations.  We offer
discounts to members if we are the current web team for their
organization's site, in fact, and have in turn been offered discounted or
free advertising in the associations' publications (including the
membership directory, which gets us better exposure than the newsletter).

Rachel Hartman