Re: Questionnaire for New Clients

by Rachel Hartman <rhartman(at)io.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:53:35 -0600
 To:  "Genesis Web Designs" <gdrennon(at)genesiswebdesigns.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:58 PM 2/28/00 -0600, Genesis Web Designs wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone have any type of questionnaire that they give to new/potential
>clients?  I have recently had someone contact me and she wants a web site
>but has no idea what she wants!  I have asked her the basic questions and
>she replied with no answers.  I'd love to just give her a form to fill out
>that would answer all the basic start-up questions for a site.

Oh, yes.  We've found this to be very helpful.  I'd recommend going with a
checklist approach--people seem to be more responsive to that.  We also
include a page that we privately refer to as the "essay section," where
people are encouraged to talk about anything that wasn't covered in the
checklist section.

Try turning your basic questions into a multiple choice or true/false form
and see how that works.  If you can, keep it to about a page or so, which
should prevent it from being too intimidating.

Rachel Hartman