RE: How do I find out how many pages in a site?

by Rachel Hartman <rhartman(at)io.com>

 Date:  Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:36:30 -0600
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org,
ltitus(at)mindspring.com
 Cc:  ltitus(at)mindspring.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:14 AM 3/31/00 -0500, Jill File wrote:
> >Linda Titus wrote:
>
> >I don't have FTP access to the site...
> >Is there an easy way to find out how many total pages this site >contains?
>
>Simplest way I can think of is to download the site to your drive. Using IE
>Save As, choose the Web Archive format and under Options designate how many
>layers deep you think you want to go, and whether or not you want to save
>links to other sites as well.

Or if you have something like Black Widow, which would have the advantage
of giving you files you could actually work with later, as I think the IE
"Save As" option can muck about with your code according to the same
standards as in FrontPage.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could ask your potential client and get a
reliable answer?  But odds are, they've never counted--and in all fairness,
it's not something I would expect them to know.

Rachel Hartman