RE: false identity..NOT

by John Erjavec V <jev(at)pconline.com>

 Date:  Sun, 21 May 2000 11:29:22 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I still don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about this, and I
still don't think this would constitute fraud.  He said that he was going
to be doing a greeting oriented site, and wanted to use the photos to make
the visitors more comfortable.

I guess I am looking at this along the lines of the many "Dear Abby" type
columns that are found on the web and in newspapers.  Many of these are
done by 40ish type males who are portraying themselves as women, because I
guess people feel more comfortable taking advice from a woman.  There are
also lots of people with the words "Inc." or "Enterprises", etc., that are
really only one person working out of their garage.  I don't think that
just because the company name sounds like that of a big business, and they
are not, automatically means that they are "defrauding the public".

Having said all that, I wouldn't do it myself, I wouldn't recommend others
to do it, and I don't see this as a good thing.  I also think that some of
the people need to take a breath or two before posting, and try to calm
down a little.  I think that in some cases, it might make perfect sense (as
shown by some of the examples), and people need to start doing things other
than jumping to conclusions.

-JEV

--
John Erjavec V  ##  spammers-will-be-reported(at)jevonline.com
                 ##  http://www.jevonline.com/jev/index.html