Re: designing for IE and NS

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 16:18:52 -0500
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:24 PM 5/24/00 -0400, Bernie Mooney wrote:

> From everything I've read about NS it says the colors are limited and you
> can see that when you try and design a custom color. that falls out

I may be lacking in knowledge somewhere, but I use NN 4.73 with 24 bit
color. IIRC I used NN 3.x with 24 bit color. The web safe palette has 216
instead of 256 colors due to the other 40 colors varying between Macs and PCs.

I have used non web safe colors and have been able to see them fine on my
machine.

Because my stats indicate that most of my visitors have at least 16 bit
color, I don't worry about web safe colors as much as I used to. However, I
still try and use them when I can.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com