Re: Copyrighting a web application and idea

by Doug Isenberg <disenberg(at)GigaLaw.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:59:09 -0500
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>An idea itself cannot be copyrighted but the expression of an idea can be.
>But an idea can be protected in terms of a one on one disclosure in the
>form of a non-disclosure agreement.  So there is the issue of protecting an
>idea viz the world and viz each individual person.

         Well said.  So, how do you protect an idea with a non-disclosure
agreement?  May I suggest the articles "When and How to Use Non-Disclosure
Agreements" (http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/hollander-2000-03-p1.html) and
"Trade Secrets in a Dot-Com World"
(http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/grossman-2000-05c-p1.html).

Doug Isenberg, Esq.
Editor & Publisher, GigaLaw.com
Free daily Internet law news via e-mail!  Subscribe at
http://www.gigalaw.com/newsletters/dailynews.html