Re: sole proprietors, what do you call yourself

by Doug Isenberg <disenberg(at)GigaLaw.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:07:31 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>This is a small but ever-present question.  As a sole proprietor of my own
>business, I feel rather pretentious calling myself the CEO, but the need for
>a title keeps arising.  What do others do?

         No matter what you call yourself, though, as a sole proprietor,
you're exposing your personal assets if a claim is made against your
business.  Avoiding (or trying to avoid) that exposure is the primary
reason many people do not conduct business as a sole proprietor.

         See:
"How to Form a Business, Part 1: Overview and Sole Proprietorships,"
http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/gall-2000-02-p1.html

and other articles listed at http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/businesslaw.html

Doug Isenberg, Esq.
Editor & Publisher, GigaLaw.com
FREE daily Internet law news via e-mail!  Subscribe at
http://www.GigaLaw.com/news