Re: Spammers and "The Blacklist"

by Doug Isenberg <disenberg(at)GigaLaw.com>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:59:16 -0400
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
         "MAPS" is the "Mail Abuse Prevention System," also known as the
"blackhole list."  For details, see http://maps.vix.com/

         There is some hope for those seeking a legal solution to spam --
the Supreme Court of the State of Washington earlier this month upheld a
state law designed to fight spam (although the law is far from perfect).  I
wrote about this ruling in a recent column, "A Rare Victory in the Fight
Against Spam," available on GigaLaw.com at
http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/2001/isenberg-2001-06c-p1.html

Doug Isenberg, Esq.
Editor & Publisher, GigaLaw.com
FREE daily Internet law news via e-mail!  Subscribe at
http://www.GigaLaw.com/news