Re: Print Yellow Pages

by Phil Roginski <webmaster(at)midwest-web.com>

 Date:  Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:03:43 -0500
 To:  "Heather Clark" <iris777888(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
What I found at least in my area is if you contact the yellow page sales
dept. in your area they usually give you a small ad free the first
year.  You may want to try that.  I had a small ad in my yellow page
section and found that the potential clients that I found were all people
that I would choose not to work for because of one reason or another but
your findings may be different.

Phil

At 05:25 PM 8/8/2000, Heather Clark wrote:
>We are still small with each of our clients under the $1K range and are
>considering a yellow pages ad/listing. It seems like a given to me that I
>should have our business name, phone and URL in at least one of the yellow
>page directories. I'd like to know from other small businesses, do you
>advertise your services in the printed yellow pages? Is it worth the money
>you paid for the ad, or do you get more business from word of mouth
>referrals, search engines and your web site?  It seems like right now all
>of my new clients are referrals from current clients, but who knows what
>business I could drum up from the phone book? On the other hand, a lot of
>larger businesses use the big display ads in that section and my ad may
>just get lost in the sea. Advice anyone?
>
>Thanks!
>Heather

----
Phil Roginski