Re: Starting Out?

by JCoker6115(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:35:59 EST
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Thompark(at)aol.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 02/26/2000 1:05:16 PM Central Standard Time,
Thompark(at)aol.com writes:

> What steps should I first take?  My primary concern is finding clients; I
> think my skills and hard work (not to sound cocky) will take care of the
rest.
>  We are going to do some advertising in some papers, submit to search
engines,
>  and spread the word by talking, but what else should I be doing?  Your
> experienced insight is extremely valued.

Spread the word to people you know and their friends and associates.

Do some free sites for local churches, organizations or micro-businesses.

Give free seminars or speeches using libraries, bookstores, organizations,
schools as the location for the program. Libraries will be interested from
the community service perspective. Bookstores from the event to draw people
in and sell books. Organizations for free programs that will be of interest
to members. Schools from an educational and community service perspective.
Many of them will help you publicize the event. Be sure to plan and practice
the program to be professional and personable so you gain credibility instead
of lose it.

Find a niche and specialize in doing sites for that niche target market.
Danger here if your target market isn't sufficiently diverse and large enough.

Join local professional organizations and network.

Judy Coker
Workable Webs
St. Louis, Missouri